Cost prevents several millions of Americans from getting dental care. Out-of-pocket dental care expenditures were cited most frequently by survey respondents in a recent national poll.
Proper Dental Care is Crucial
Not taking care of your teeth and gums might result in more serious health problems than just ugly smiles. It has been shown through scientific research that periodontal disease bacteria can enter the circulation, where they may contribute to:
Hardening of the arteries, which increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke, can be caused by bacteria or made worse by them.
Periodontal disease can increase diabetes symptoms and make it more difficult to manage blood sugar levels.
Malnutrition, people who have tooth pain or loss are at a higher risk of losing their appetite and opting for softer, more processed foods.
Ways to Motivate your Staff
- Make sure to use fluoride-containing toothpaste and to regularly consume water that has been treated with fluoride.
- Use floss or a water jet to clean in between your teeth and brush them twice a day.
- You should schedule an annual checkup with your dentist.
- Stay away from cigarette products.
- Don’t let yourself become drunk too often.
- Take care to keep diabetes under control.
- Prevent your mouth from becoming dry.